Grand and professional: NJ Verisimo Opera celebrates 30th
The New Jersey Associatoin of NJ Verismo Opera (Verisimo Operat) celebrates its 30th anniversary.
Consider supporting one of the few grand opera companies operating in NJ that continues to present classical music.
The New Jersey Association of Verismo Opera also offers a needed training and development ground for the future singing stars of tomorrow.
Donations to the NJ Opera support the following:
• Bringing two grand productions, including Giuseppe Verdi’s AIDA to the stage this year.
• Training a new generation of singers through the New Jersey Association of Verismo Opera Annual International Vocal Competition.
• Giving singers of all backgrounds, the opportunities to perform in the Verismo Opera Chorus with experienced professional teachers and directors.
• Coaching up-and-coming artists for principal roles.
• Providing performing opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds.
• Introducing youngsters and their families to grand opera through special discount ticket rates to see full productions.
• Giving high school students opportunities to be supernumeraries on the stage.
• Bringing concerts to local communities in libraries, senior centers, and other venues for free at a time when these programs are being cut; and much more.
Verismo Opera has been a part of the New Jersey music scene since 1989. It is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, and is a grand, professional opera company led by Artistic Director and Met Opera luminary Lucine Amara.
To find out more about Verisimo or to make a donation visit http://verismopera.org/donate-2/.