Household Hazardous Waste Days
June 5 and Nov. 6
Dispose of lead and oil-based paints, stains, thinners, pool chemicals, mercury, lubricants, chlorine, driveway sealer, fluorescent bulbs, household batteries and more.
● 100 pounds dry
● 10 gallons liquid waste
● 25 fluorescent bulbs per vehicle
● Scale charge for larger quantities
Electronics Recycling Days
March 27, May 22, July 24 and Oct. 23
Dispose of computers, printers, cell phones, televisions, VCRs, DVDs and CDs, fax machines and copiers, radios and stereos.
There is a landfill disposal ban on certain electronics: see scmua.org for more information.
● Up to 5 units per vehicle
Monday through Saturday
● Commingled containers (glass, plastic, and aluminum), drink cartons
● Chipboard (gray paperboard)
● Expanded polystyrene foam (packaging only)
● Cardboard office paper and junk mail
● Motor oil/antifreeze
● Clothing, American flags
● Household batteries: For sorting requirements, visit scmua.org.
● Vegetation: Sussex County residents can hand-load regular mulch and compost for free, the MUA will load colorized mulch and compost for a nominal fee.
Third Friday of every month, 9 a.m. to noon
Charge by volume, $6 minimum, with no limit.
Monthly Medical Waste Sharps Collection
First Thursday of every month, 10 a.m. to noon
Fee charged by vendor