Byram Police

| 28 Sep 2011 | 02:50

    June 25 At 12:05 a.m. Byram patrols responded to a report of an intoxicated male in the Quick-Chek on Route 206. Upon arrival patrols found Patrick Muniz, 40, of North Brunswick, engaged in a verbal argument with a motorist. A computer check revealed several outstanding warrants for Muniz who placed under arrest for those warrants and disorderly conduct. During a search officers found a marijuana cigarette on Muniz's pants pocket. Muniz was transported to police headquarters where he was processed. He was lodged in the Sussex County jail in default of $500 bail on the marijuana possession charge. He was also charged with disorderly conduct. June 20 At 9:33 p.m., Byram patrols received a radio broadcast of a vehicle pursuit in progress by the New Jersey State Police. Officer DeWald observed a vehicle matching the description of the pursued vehicles traveling on Route 206 north by Waterloo Road. The vehicle passed several cars by using the left turn only lane and went through the red traffic light on Waterloo Rd. Officer Dewald attempted to stop the vehicle, which slowed to nearly a stop by Lackawanna Drivebut then sped up and turned onto Lackawanna Drive passing several vehicles over the double yellow lines and exceeding the speed limit. According to police, the vehicle then spun out of control and slid sideways off the road in the curves on Lackawanna Drive near North Jersey Auto Wreckers. The driver, Justin D. Stabp , 25, of Neptune, was placed under arrest, processed and lodged in the Sussex County jail in default of bail. He was charged with eluding police, possession of stolen property, driving while suspended, driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, failing to observe a signal, improper passing, falling to maintain lane of travel, failing to yield to emergency vehicle, failure to signal turn, improper right on red, driving while intoxicated in school zone, speeding, failure to stop and failure to keep right. June 26 At 11:14 p.m. Officer DeWald stopped a vehicle driven by Nelson Feliciano, Jr., 30, of Newark, for having a brake light that was no working. The driver gave several different variations of a name and different dates of birth which could not be verified by computer records. The owner of the vehicle, Nilsa Rivera, 32, of Newark, said she had known the driver for years, stated that the driver's name was the same the driver had provided. Feliciano was placed under arrest for providing false information and transported to police headquarters where finger prints were taken and faxed to the FBI. The finger prints provided the driver's true identity. Several warrants were found for Feliciano who was processed and lodged in the Sussex County jail in default of $1,000 bail on the providing false information charge. Feliciano was also charged with failing to maintain lamps and driving while suspended. Nilsa Rivera was charged with allowing a suspended driver to operate a vehicle registered to her and providing false information to a police officer to hinder the apprehension of another. She was processed and released pending a Byram Township Municipal Court date. June 29 At 6:45 p.m., Byram Police arrested John Crumlish for simple assault resulting from a domestic violence incident reported by the victim. According to police, Crumlish struck the victim in the side of her face leaving a red mark and swelling as she was attempting to call another person from a phone in the defendant's house. Crumlish was transported to police headquarters where he was processed, charged with simple assault and released pending a Byram Township Municipal Court date. June 30 At 6:14 p.m. Byram patrols received a report of an erratic driver on Route 206. The vehicle was located and stopped near Lockwood Farms. After a brief roadside investigation and field sobriety tests, the driver, Paul 1 Spadola, 49, of Bushkill, Penn., was placed under arrest for driving while intoxicated. During a search a small bag of white powder suspected to be cocaine was found in the driver's pants pocket. Spadola was transported to police headquarters where he was found to be under the influence of a controlled substance and was processed, charged with careless driving, possession of a controlled substance in a motor vehicle, possession of cocaine and driving while intoxicated. He was released to the custody of a friend. His vehicle was impounded for 12 hours as required by state law.